Solar can be an excellent form of energy for Domestic & Commercial purposes, and regardless of your reasons, it can offer many advantages.
Solar panels work just fine in standard daylight because it is the sun’s energy that gives them the power, even when its cloudy…they just generate more when they get direct sunshine.
- Cut your electricity bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial system installation then electricity costs will be reduced.
- Sell electricity back to the grid. If your system is producing more electricity than you need, you can sell the surplus back to the grid through the Guaranteed Export Tariff with your supplier or alternatively you can opt for a storage system which will actively manage your usage and make trades with your surplus energy.
- Cut your carbon footprint. Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants.
- Battery Storage Systems. There are now more advanced storage systems available to store the excess energy generated from your panels. This allows you to utilise unused energy in the evenings or early morning while your panels are not generating anything. Many of the new storage systems are also capable of making small trades with the grid, selling your excess energy or buying in energy at a cheaper rate.
PV panels do not require direct, unrestricted sunshine to function, so they are perfectly suitable for your home or the workplace, in spite of our changeable UK weather.
Novus Energy Services work with several manufacturers and suppliers to ensure that you are fully aware of the best options available and the potential returns.
Solar PV systems generate electricity from the sun using an array of solar PV panels usually mounted on a south-facing or near south-facing roof but can also be mounted on east or west-facing roofs, flat roofs, walls, or even as a free-standing unit, or on a car port.
The PV panels produce DC electricity, which is wired into an inverter that converts this electricity to AC electricity at the same voltage and frequency as the electricity from the national grid. The inverter is connected to your consumer unit (fuse box), and electricity generated can then either be used directly by you in your house or exported to the grid for other people to use if more is being generated than you can use.
The total amount of energy the system generates is measured by a generation meter that we will install, and this figure is used to calculate how much you will get paid by your electricity supplier.
REASON TO CHOOSE SOLAR PV
- Generate 40% of your electricity needs by harvesting natural light
- Unused electricity is automatically sold back to the National Grid, earning you a TAX free income
- The average household can save around 1200kg of CO2 every year
- No moving parts means maintenance is minimal
- Panels have up to a 25-year power performance warranty